The City of Willamina Budget Committee consist of seven (7) members (one for each City Council member) that live within the City’s limits. The Budget Committee is responsible for reviewing the City’s proposed budget on an annual schedule as presented by the City Manager and is governed by Local Budget Law (ORS 294).
Common Committee purposes can include:
- Hear the budget’s message and accept what the Budget Officer has proposed
- Hold public meetings
- Hear and consider the publics opinions
- Review and discuss the proposed budget
- Revise the proposed budget
- Approve the budget
- Approve tax rate or dollar amount
The Budget Committee meets about twice per year, with additional meetings scheduled as needed during early spring, April and May.